For more information about this program, please contact Toris Moody at (800) 368-5242 x8069 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NATIONAL HOUSING ENDOWMENT EOC STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The National Housing Endowment/EOC Student Scholarship (formerly the Bill Carr Scholarship) is awarded to children of Executive Officers in pursuit of a college degree. Funding is through Executive Officer contributions and interest accrued by the Endowment. The scholarship program is managed by the EOC Past Presidents’ Committee. To date, 219 students have received funds totaling more than $274,000.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be the child of a full- or part-time paid executive officer with a minimum of three years’ cumulative service for an NAHB affiliated association
- Be a graduating high school senior; OR have a high school diploma or GED
- Be enrolled, accepted or have a pending acceptance to an accredited two-year junior or community college, four-year college or university, or state-accredited vo-tech school
- Have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Hold, or plan to hold, full-time status at an accredited educational institution
Applications meeting the eligibility criteria including all of the required information will be forwarded to the subcommittee for consideration. Submission does not guarantee approval.
Those applications that are incomplete or that do not meet eligibility criteria will be returned for additional information and subject to disqualification. The applicant has seven business days to submit additional support materials.
Previous applicants and/or recipients must reapply each year for consideration.